Preventive maintenance, as the name suggests, is a maintenance done on equipment to prevent the likelihood of it failing.
This practice is important to keep your IT infrastructure up and running. Computer system goes through constant wear and tear from being used. Even pretty things like downloading files, visiting harmful sites and letting the dust to settle on the keyboard can affect the performance of the system. However, by using anti-malware programs, deleting unnecessary files and removing the dust on a computer, you can increase the life expectancy and performance of your computer.
Preventive Maintenance on Daily Basis:
- Back Up Your Data.
- Run a malware scan.
- Check for updates every day.
- Restart your computer once a day to prevent the build-up of temporary files.
Preventive Maintenance on Monthly Basis:
- Use defragmentation tool to boost the performance of your PC.
- Run scan for errors.
- Clean your PC using compressed air to remove dust and dirt.
Preventive Maintenance on Quarterly Basis:
- Clean the keyboard.
- Clean the mouse
- Clean the computer monitor
Preventive Maintenance on Yearly Basis:
- Back up Your HDD.
- Physically clean your PC.
- Uninstall programs you don’t require anymore to save space.
- Renew software or antivirus subscriptions.
Let Apixel IT Support Handle Your Preventive Maintenance Needs…
Let’s accept it. Preventive maintenance across the organization can be a cumbersome task, especially if you have a limited staff. It is quite time consuming to open up the computer cabinets, fix the wires or checking the software on each terminal.
Don’t worry! Let us handle preventive maintenance requirements of your all IT equipment and tools. Being a reliable managed IT support company in Singapore, we get familiar with your PC issues and concerns, understand your requirements and deliver right preventive maintenance plan for your business.