- Big Data got its start in the 1960’s, as marketers used people’s zip codes to gather info on customers.
- Locale is a good starting off point, but social characteristics, lifestyles and interests are far more useful for marketing purposes.
- Google searches and social media sites are the best sources for this data.
- 90% of the data in the world today has been created in the past 2 years.
- Data is literally being produced at the speed of light, doubling in size every 40 months.
Content and Image Credits: Cloudtweaks