Gone are the days when SMBs with a dozen or so computer systems, local network, printers and other such IT systems could just carry on without professional maintenance and monitoring IT support services. As the dependence on computer hardware and software has increased manifold, it is but an absolute necessity to have someone with relevant experience maintain and monitor all of your IT systems.
Image Credits: Itekcomputersolutions
Here for your perusal, we list two major benefits you can derive by hiring dedicated IT support services:
Maximum System Up time
Whether you are using computer systems for just record keeping or you’ve got a POS (Point-of-Sale) system in place for processing payments & orders, inventory management and other business functions, you will agree that system downtime is very much a possibility no matter how expensive or well-configured your systems are.
- With a managed IT support service team by your side, you can be assured of the fact that all of your systems would be regularly checked for performance and issues if any, would be resolved at the earliest
- You will be able to plug revenue leakage happening due to faulty systems, outdated software, expired system warranties and other such issues that SMBs often tend to ignore at first
Why do you think your company is in business while many others struggling to get business or to stay competitive in the marketplace? One of the key reasons would be that you (or your senior management) are aware of certain business practices, marketing tactics, manufacturing techniques etc. It’s essentially awareness of “which methods work & which don’t” that makes one business immensely successful and other a failure.
Information Technology too can be a competitive advantage by contributing to this “awareness” but given the fact that you’re not an expert yourself, do you not agree that you need someone experienced to bridge all existing gaps?
If you disagree, consider this:
- Do you know which cloud solution can help you cut operational costs?
- Are you in a position to make a completely informed hardware purchase decision?
- Do you know about dozens of issues that can result in data loss, system downtime, thefts and operational inefficiencies?
Maintaining one standalone system is one thing and just about anyone with basic computer know-how can do that. But, ensuring optimal performance through a well planned maintenance routine and monitoring mechanism is something that demands professional expertise. Even “paper certifications” are not enough in such cases.
Only experienced professionals who have spent several years in desktop IT support and helped clients deal with real world problems can guarantee system up time, continuous network connectivity, safe data backups, assistance in purchase decisions and consultation for deployment of newer IT systems.