In the year 2016, businesses will experience huge pressure to build customer relationships across multiple channels. Since customers are turning into “Smart Customers” increasingly, traditional or outdated ways to serve them doesn’t satisfy them much.
Here are the top 5 ways businesses should adopt to innovate their customer services.
- The folk tale, “Customer is KING” is the reality– One thing that has never changed is the fact that customer rules the marketing world. It has been like “for the customers” since decades. From just serving the customers to building relationships and building long term relationships with the customers, the importance of customers for the businesses have increased. So, in the year 2016 also, businesses would strategize things keeping their customers as the top priority and serving their real-time needs effectively.
- Embedded support on mobile and beyond – With the ever increasing number of people relying on mobiles and other devices to avail various services, making mobile support is the key to the success for any business today.
- Redesign the IT Workforce – To maximize IT capabilities of any business and to serve the digital needs of the smart customers, businesses should take into re-consideration the roles and responsibilities of its IT team. For instance, businesses should bring in those with new and unique skills and should develop strategies reflecting increased automation with the integration of robotic capabilities.
- Knowing Your Customers – Only those businesses would succeed in 2016 that know customer preferences. They will need to lean on the user data to connect with them on the right channels.
- Advancement in the Operating Model – There’s a great change in the way companies deliver the values today because of the ever-changing competitive environment and increasing customer expectations. Hence, the operating models of business must be capable enough of responding varied demand and disruption concurrently. Hence, businesses need the competence to work at multiple speeds and managing the steady state of their business even as it meets the requirements of customers.
Developing strategies to meet the real-time needs of the customers in real-time keeping in mind that customer is still the KING will help businesses to offer best customer services in 2016.