There has been a great evolution in the cyber security industry where we now have companies that monitor public Internet traffic. Everything is changing at a rapid pace. Five technologies, in particular, appear to be the driving forces in encouraging novel industries and gadgets creating a new landscape for computer hackers.
Here are the fundamental technologies:
End Point Network Based Security
– This market is out-bursting because enterprises can are unable to manage their patch management program effectively. Plus, the traditional anti-virus does not offer effective protection against-zero-day attacks. When operating system programs are implemented, applications that house on these operating systems will most likely malfunction. This leads to patching problem as upgrading applications can be a one-year project because of the configuration management, employee training, and process changes. End point security have transformed from a “nice to have to a must have.”
– This segment is exploding with massive consumer data for analyzing purchasing behavior, medical research and recognizing society trends. The biggest drawback would be that security breaches are going to get worse and eve more difficult to resolve. With the increase in more data, companies will be selling and buying this information to combine other data sets. This means that big personal profiles are already being built for every citizen.
– Wearable technology has become the new frontier of miniaturized gadgets for personal use. While they can improve our health, they can also take mobile connectivity entirely to a new horizon.
Internet of Things (IoT)
– The biggest future is predicted to be for the IoT as we are trying to make every possible interface in our lives to be “network enabling”. This ranges from unlocking our front door with our smartphones to turning cities into ‘smart cities’ that can manage traffic flows intelligently to reduce carbon monoxide emissions. Although, this is an exciting technology, yet the security flaws are enormous.
– The adoption of cloud rapidly is fueling the economies to be able to get instant solutions within 30 months as compared to the IT companies that offer their solutions taking long. Hence, cloud has empowered each cross functional area in a business to market for the IT services they need, because of their efficiency to deliver the results quickly, unlike their own IT companies. While cloud services may be prevalent, the accountability for cloud security beyond a contract is still questionable.