SMBs have two options. They can be tech-savvy and make the best use of IT systems (hardware and software both) or carry on with business as usual.
It takes no particular brains to understand what they should ideally be doing. Fact of the matter is that having dedicated IT support, even for simple tasks like backups, data security, network connectivity etc. is an absolute must today.
Listed below are 3 main things that every small or midsized business owner should know about IT support:
#1: It’s Not Expenditure; it’s an Investment
Yes, most SMBs tend to look at IT support as an additional cost. This shouldn’t be the case.
Spending a few hundred bucks each year on hiring a dedicated service provider means that
- There will be fewer downtimes and hence less revenue loss
- Probability of data loss or thefts will be much less; your business will thus be protected
- You will have fewer technical issues at hand as a credible IT support service provider always takes proactive steps to keep potential issues at bay
Clearly, the amount of money you spend on having a team of experts on call is going to be way less than the revenue loss they help prevent by ensuring:
- Maximum system up time
- Round the clock network connectivity
- Secure backups
- Device protection
#2: IT Expertise Can Help an SMB Grow
Very few SMBs are aware of the fact that IT experts with years of hands-on experience in the industry can provide them with consultation that can
- Help cut operational costs (deployment of cloud solutions, for example)
- Result in informed purchase decisions (new hardware or software licenses, for example)
- Lead to technology decisions that help in marketing, operations, procurement and other such business functions
Yes, a fresh IT support professional cannot obviously help an SMB with all this but industry veterans at credible IT support companies certainly can.
#3: IT Support is Affordable
Gone are the days when only large scale companies could afford to hire IT support companies or have in-house teams. There’ re several midsized companies today that provide technical support to businesses of all sizes at very reasonable costs.
Since many service providers now offer fixed price packages, you can be assured of the fact that IT support costs will never exceed a predetermined budget. You need not be afraid of companies that charge exorbitant hourly fees.
At a nominal price, it is now possible to have a dedicated IT support partner who’d look after miscellaneous IT related needs of a business organization.